Class teacher (Maternity cover)
Required from 1st November 2021 to 31 August 2022.
This post has arisen to cover a maternity leave in our Year 1 class.
Main Scale Points 1-6 although candidates on the upper pay scale will be considered
Do you want to make a real difference whilst working in an ambitious school, which seeks to broaden the horizons of its children? Are you enthusiastic about creating a vibrant curriculum that is dedicated to providing motivating learning opportunities, setting unashamedly high expectations and offering engaging experiences?
Burford Primary and Nursery school is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. We are a happy, pragmatic and creative team who are passionate about moving everyone forward in their learning – pupils and adults alike! If you are seeking an opportunity to create an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
You are someone who is:
• Creative, positive and motivating with the drive to ‘go above and beyond’ to provide fun, meaningful and purposeful learning opportunities for your class and in a way that is relevant to our community
• A good practitioner with the potential to become outstanding, who has high expectations and a commitment to continuously raise standards and improve our children’s cultural capital
• Able to communicate an inclusive attitude whilst setting high expectations for all learners
• A reflective practitioner who continues to look for ways to improve their practice, and someone who is keen to develop their own practice through our coaching/mentoring approach
• A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who looks forward to collaborating with our small-but-friendly team
• Confident when working to develop your own inspiring curriculum for your class, accepting that they must work flexibly to evolve their curriculum over time
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A primary school committed to becoming outstanding with a vibrant atmosphere and team who are willing go the extra mile to develop a curriculum which responds to the passions of both children and teachers
• A happy, supportive and inclusive school community led by a senior leadership team committed to maintaining the wellbeing of its children and adults
• A supportive, positive and ambitious team who support one another to develop whilst working hard together
• A school who are committed to developing leaders at all levels - children and adults!
• Respectful, well behaved children who care for one another and have high aspirations
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of CPD initiatives at trust and school level
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
You will be joining us at a very exciting time. Ordinarily, we would welcome the opportunity to invite you into our school for a walk round, and an informal cup of tea and a chat, so that we can decide whether we are the school for you, and you are the right teacher for our children!
However, this will not be possible due to COVID restrictions. We will offer a virtual tour for any candidates who are interested. If you are interested in taking up this offer, please email the school’s DHT, Heather Chapleo,
How to apply
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Please complete the online application form which you will find on the Transform Trust website
Your personal statement should outline how your skills would make you a good fit for this role.
Any questions or queries should be directed to Sarah Harding (Office Manager)
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 27th September 2021.
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply to for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.