Class Teacher (Maternity Cover, until March 2022 initially)
Contract: Full-Time / Temporary
Site: Upwood Primary Academy
Closing date: 23 April 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Start: September 2021
Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET) is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
Our core values of Trust; Diversity; Excellence and Transformation underpin all aspects of student and staff life in our academies and gives us a platform to offer innovative and efficient business services.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Upwood Primary Academy
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about your subject?
If so, this is the school for you!
Upwood Primary Academy is a vibrant school where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve. The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and for the future.
The academy was built in 1961 and is a one-form entry Local Authority primary school. The school comprises of 7 classes, together with an assembly hall, stage area, library, ICT suite, cooking area, dining room, two offices and staffroom. It is furnished and equipped to a high standard.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust and Upwood Primary Academy seek an outstanding teacher to cover a period of maternity leave. This will initially be until March 2022, although this may be extended depending on circumstances.
The successful candidate will need to be able to put the learning of our pupils at the forefront of everyday life with clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a creative learning environment, maintaining a strong attention to literacy, numeracy and communication skills but also looking to develop the talents of all children.
There will also be the opportunity to undertake the role of Subject Leader for Mathematics (which will attract a TLR3).
• Have recent experience of successful teaching.
• Be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
• Demonstrate experience of inspirational team membership and development.
• Know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
• Be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
The Trust offers:
• Fantastic training in a friendly supportive environment.
• Use of TDET facilities (including gyms and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Academy Committee and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Upwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.