NINIAN PARK PRIMARY SCHOOL
Headteacher: Miss J Scott
1 FULL TIME PERMANENT CLASS TEACHER (Reception)
Post Ref: ED50025208
Start date: 4th January 2021
Age range: 3-11 NOR: 600 plus a 56 place nursery
The Head Teacher and Governors are seeking enthusiastic and innovative teachers to join our dedicated team. Ninian Park Primary School, situated in the Grangetown area of Cardiff, is a richly multicultural, highly transient and vibrant community school.
We have an exciting opportunity for a class teacher who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner who inspires all children to reach their full potential through high quality learning experiences
• has high expectations of themselves and of our children
• can create a motivating learning environment
• is able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the primary curriculum, numeracy and literacy framework and the skills framework
• is prepared to contribute to the wider curriculum of our school
• is prepared to lead an area of learning and experience as we begin to implement the Curriculum for Wales.
In return we can offer you: the opportunity to become part of our highly motivated team
• a positive team ethos with a dedicated and supportive staff
• interested and enthusiastic pupils who want to learn
• opportunities for continued professional development
• the support of a committed Governing Body.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by: 12.00 pm midday, Monday 30th November 2020 for the attention of Jenny Scott
Task/Interviews: Monday 7th December 2020
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.