Class Teacher with Middle Leadership Responsibility
Required from September 2021
Main Scale +TLR £2,873
Highbank Primary and Nursery School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development to join our middle leadership team.
Due to the promotion of two of our middle leaders, we require an outstanding teacher to join the middle leadership team. The successful candidate will be both skilled in the classroom and have the capability to drive improvement in an area of responsibility.
As a school, we have the capacity to match the area of responsibility to the right candidate’s skill set, however we are particularly interested to hear from candidates who have strengths in Curriculum, English or the Early Years.
If you are interested in making a difference school wide, Highbank is a supportive yet driven team who will work with you on that journey. Visits or a phone conversation are strongly recommended.
• Be a consistently good / outstanding primary teacher
• Have either previous experience or promise in raising standards, leading new initiatives, running staff training and quality assuring through observations and work scrutiny.
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and making a difference to every child.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• Value a team working approach and be keen to contribute and share your skills with colleagues
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• Half-day additional release time for management duties each week
• A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Calm and purposeful learning environments
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Dawn Lyons (Office Manager) if you would like to arrange a visit.
How to apply
Please complete the electronic application form that can be found on the Transform Trust website . Any questions or queries should be directed to at Highbank Primary and Nursery School
Closing date for applications: Noon Friday 14th May 2021
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6700 children in 19 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby and Derbyshire. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools. We are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film on our website
All school roles are classed as regulated activity and as such, it is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children
Transform Trust and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, Enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.