Salary: Main Pay Scale + TLR2
School: Little Mead Primary Academy in the first instance (all appointments are to the Trust)
Application closing date: Midday on Friday 29th November 2019
Interviews: Friday 6th December 2019
Start date: 1st January 2020
Endeavour Academy Trust is an inclusive and collaborative group of schools in North Bristol. There are currently four Endeavour schools: Little Mead Primary Academy, Henbury Court Primary Academy, Fonthill Primary Academy and Charlton Wood Primary Academy.
This is an exciting time to work for Endeavour Academy Trust. We have committed to measured and sustainable growth, which will enable us to create a group of outstanding schools with ambition for every child.
The Successful Candidate
Little Mead Primary Academy is a two form entry primary school, ranging from Nursery to Year 6. Each year group compromises two classes of 30 children with Year 6 currently operating as three classes of 20. The successful candidate will receive dedicated release time in addition to their PPA time to fulfil their responsibilities.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of managing a team and working collaboratively with members of the senior leadership team.
- Dedicated time with a leadership mentor to complete induction and build relationships within a network of other middle and senior leaders across the Trust.
- Knowledge of current effective classroom practice and evidence of the impact within their current role and phase of education.
- Ambition to continuously improving outcomes for all children.
- Evidence of good or better teaching practice and will be keen to engage in the wider life of the school.
- Maintain a culture and environment that promotes effective learning and the highest standards of behaviour.
- Ambition, passion and desire to support change so that all children exceed expectations.
- Desire to have a wider impact on pupils and ambition to progress to senior leadership in the future.
Our Offer to Staff
We invest heavily in the professional development of our staff with opportunities to develop expertise and experience across the Trust. Our focus on collaboration means that everyone is part of a team, and you will be expected to share your expertise and learn from the expertise of your colleagues across the Trust. Within Endeavour, we develop our staff. If you are ambitious and prepared to work hard we will support your career development and help you to be successful.
As proof of our commitment to staff retention and development, we offer generous terms and conditions of employment, a positive working environment with supportive and friendly leadership, and encourage our staff to maintain a positive work-life balance.
Guidance for applicants
- Please note that CVs will not be considered.
- Look carefully at the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
- Ensure that you cross-reference the person specification throughout your application.
- Try and provide examples of times you have fulfilled all aspects of the job description, and the impact.
Little Mead Primary Academy is part of the Endeavour Academy Trust, which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You can find our Child Protection Policy on the trust's website:
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.