Post Title: KS 2 Class Teacher
Class Teacher with responsibility for SEND and Inclusion
Main Scale/UPS plus SEND Allowance
We are looking to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic class teacher with responsibility for SEND and Inclusion to work in Key Stage 2. You will be an excellent classroom practitioner who will lead SEND and Inclusion at Uplands, Time will be given each week to fulfil the SENCO role and we will support the successful applicant through the National Award for SENCO.
‘Pupils are consistently polite to each other and to adults, including visitors. Pupils come into school calmly, ready for their lessons. In classrooms, they complete their work neatly. They are proud of their work, examples of which form vibrant displays on corridors. They are also proud of their school. They wear their uniform smartly and take care of property’
‘The school is a harmonious, multi-faith community. Pupils have a very good understanding of British Values’
OFSTED March 2019
We are looking for teachers who will:
· To dynamically and actively promote the educational aims and ethos of the school and to lead the SEN provision of all its pupils.
· To support the SLT aims in all areas of SEN and Safeguarding within the school
· To deliver outstanding support to teachers and pupils to ensure that they learn effectively and make outstanding progress whatever their starting point maybe.
· Responsible for the effective implementation of support plans/action plans and EHCP’s
· To provide high quality teaching as the main responsibility of the role
· To work collaboratively with the SENCO’s within the Leicester LEAD Academies and within the local authority.
· To lead all aspects of inclusion within the Academy.
In return we will offer you:
- An extremely supportive team and friendly working environment
- A fantastically resourced school
- Regular non-contact time to secure school and personal development
- Children who are incredibly well behaved and enthusiastic about their learning
- Supportive parents and carers
- Access to the LEAD Teaching School Alliance and all the associated CPD benefits
If you interested in coming to join our team, then please contact Lucy Carlisle, the Headteacher, for an informal chat. Visits to the school are strongly encouraged so that you can experience the calm and purposeful learning environment first hand.
Please note: You MUST complete and submit the L.E.A.D Application Form attached. Your application will NOT be considered on a Leicester City Application Form or any other form
The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we can expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.