St Francis R.C. Primary School
Teacher – Post No. ED50025311
Leader for Learning: Foundation Phase
Teaching and Learning Responsibility Post 2a (Lower)
MPS/UPS Pay scale
Required for Spring/Summer Term 2020 or as soon as possible.
This is a permanent Post.
St Francis is a welcoming and inclusive school, firmly driven by its mission as a Catholic Community. The Governing Body wishes to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious and outstanding professional to lead the Foundation Phase. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and will work in close partnership with the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team to further develop this popular and successful school.
The successful candidate will be:
• A teacher who is passionate about the development of all aspects of the Foundation Phase and the wider school curriculum and willing to take a leading role in its development.
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with enthusiasm, vision and excellent organisational skills.
• An excellent communicator who will join the Senior Leadership Team and make a significant contribution to whole school improvement.
• An effective team member who is focused on standards, has high expectations and can apply personal skills and experience to impact positively on whole school issues.
• Committed to developing positive and supportive professional relationships with staff, parents, governors the wider community and other practitioners.
• Willing and prepared to make a wider contribution to aspects of school life.
Further information about our school is available from our website
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact HR People Services Tel or e-mail for an application pack quoting reference: ED50025311 and the job title.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th January 2020 by 12pm
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.
St Francis V.A. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.