We are seeking to appoint a highly effective senior leader with proven experience, who will set high standards in all aspects of school life, and have the responsibility to develop teaching and learning across the school, contributing to developing the skills for lifelong learning. They must be enthusiastic and passionate about children and their learning, and keen to join a friendly and hardworking team.
Coed-y-Garn Primary School is a successful, well established primary school located in Blaina, and this is an exciting time to join us as we embrace the challenges and opportunities ahead. There are currently 204 pupils on roll at CyG and we have a dedicated team who are committed to ensuring every child has the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
The successful candidate will:
• have high expectations for the teaching, learning, behaviour and attitude within the classroom and beyond
• be an inspirational leader who believes in the importance of strong, positive pupil well-being and will promote values that develop our learners’ wellbeing and love of learning
• be able to nurture, inspire, and motivate all pupils
• have proven experience in raising standards across school
• inspire and empower pupils to take an active part in their own learning
• promote independence and effective collaborative learning
• be resilient and thrive on challenge
• use ICT innovatively to enhance and extend learning
• demonstrate outstanding and innovative practices to raise the achievement of all pupils
• have the opportunity to work creatively to raise achievement and attainment
• demonstrate a thorough understanding of educational reform and a readiness to embrace the New Curriculum for Wales 2022
• demonstrate an appetite for professional learning that impacts upon pedagogy, supporting professional growth across our school
• demonstrate good organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• collaborate effectively with the wider school community to ensure high expectation and appropriate challenge for all
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process. The post holder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Application forms can be downloaded from the eteach website. Please keep your covering letter to no more than two sides of A4.
Completed applications need to be emailed to the Headteacher:
Closing Date: Tuesday 6th October 2020, noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 7th October 2020
Interviews: It is anticipated that shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview and will be asked to make a 10 minute presentation followed by a series of interview questions from the selection panel. Please note that interview arrangements will be confirmed nearer the time, taking into account COVID19 guidelines.
Coed -y- Garn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.