Head Teacher: Mr G Worthington
On Roll: 286 + 52 Place Nursery, 3 – 11yrs
Job Title: Class teacher with Teaching and Learning Leadership responsibility playing an active role on the Senior Leadership Team
Salary: Dependent on experience and in line with teacher pay scales + TLR2a allowance
Hours of Work: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: Monday 17th May 2021 (12pm)
Interview and assessment: Tuesday 25th May 2021
Start Date: Start of 20/21 Academic Year
Do you want to work in a hugely successful, forward thinking school? Are you motivated to lead and support others as part of our Mapplewellian family?
The search is on for a superb, highly motivated classroom teacher and leader with a passion for providing children with high quality, interactive and memorable learning experiences. The successful candidate will have allocated teaching responsibility and will lead Teaching and Learning across the school. This position will also include leading a core subject curriculum area within our school. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team they will play an active role in school improvement and work with us in our continual drive to provide our children with the best education possible.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a thorough knowledge of effective teaching and learning;
- Can form outstanding relationships with children and get to the heart of each and every child in their care;
- Has high aspirations and is passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities;
- Embraces creativity and has a positive outlook on life;
- Is fascinated by the learning process and actively seeks new ideas and research;
- Has a passion for the curriculum and wants to ensure the children in our school have the very best learning experiences, whilst building on and consolidating prior knowledge;
- Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as facilitators of learning;
- Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and students;
- Has great ideas and wants to share them;
- Sincerely values every member of the school community;
- Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement;
- Has the ability to make learning fun and engaging whilst ensuring all children are appropriately challenged;
- Is prepared to go the extra mile with a smile on their face!
We can offer you:
- Amazing, articulate, hardworking and enthusiastic children who are proud to be Mapplewellians;
- A supportive and passionate team with a great sense of humour who put the needs of the children first;
- Quality CPL opportunities to support your career ambitions through the Flying High Partnership;
- A supportive and friendly community of parents and governors;
- A school that is forward thinking and really open to new ideas.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged (as you can probably tell we are extremely proud of our children and school). Please contact our Office Manager Mrs Beth Crossland on O1623 455949.
We are part of the Flying High Partnership, a primary only forward thinking and supportive trust who put the children at the heart of everything we do. Being part of the trust offers staff incredible opportunities with exceptional continuing professional development at every stage of your career, opportunities for career progression both within your own school and across the partnership, a partnership of schools that prioritise wellbeing and work load of staff, a strong package of incentives for all employees and a genuine sense of team work across all schools and across the partnership with a determination to have fun.
Mapplewells Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.