- Are you a great primary teacher?
- Are you prepared to go the extra mile in order to achieve the best outcomes for our children?
2 x Teacher, permanent post from 1st September 2021
Post: Main Pay Scale only
We are a large, exciting, multicultural and multi-faith Church of England Primary School community in the city of Bristol. We wish to appoint an excellent, highly motivated class teacher who is a team player to work alongside a friendly, highly skilled, enthusiastic and forward thinking team. You would have access to a range of highly individualised professional development opportunities to help you become the best teacher you could possibly be. However, the most important element for us is to have an excellent teacher for one of our KS1 or 2 classes. Where the post-holder teaches will be dependent on their skillset. We are looking for someone who teaches for the right reasons: children only get one chance for a great start to their education. Do you have the skills, passion, resilience and ambition to make their precious time with us the best it can possibly be?
The successful candidate will:
- Be creative and enjoy making lessons fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things;
- Demonstrate real enthusiasm and commitment towards raising standards;
- Inspire others towards common goals;
- Be a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to work positively with colleagues and parents;
- Be a great teacher, to enable their class and classes they teach to make excellent progress;
- Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills;
- Have a clear understanding and working knowledge, as well as high expectations for children’s outcomes in KS1 or 2;
- Be able to contribute to the broader life of the school;
- Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children;
- Be resilient and hardworking and eager to learn, share and develop their practice;
- Be supportive of the values and aims of a C of E Primary School.
At Fishponds CE Academy, we can offer you:
- An exciting, diverse, multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi faith community (it really is a great place to work);
- Fantastic, enthusiastic, well behaved and engaging children who are keen to learn;
- Brilliantly supportive staff, parents and governors;
- A highly skilled team to work with;
- A range of colleagues to work with and to share expertise with in our local cluster of Academies;
- A real commitment to your professional development
- The opportunity to use your skills to make positive change.
For more information about our school, do visit our school website.
Applications must be completed and submitted via the e-teach online form before 12 Noon on Friday 21st May 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 21st May @ 12pm and interviews on Wednesday 26th May 2021
If you wish to visit the school, visits will be on:
- Wednesday, 12th May at 4 pm
- Monday, 17th May at 4 pm
- Thursday, 20th May at 4 pm
We very much look forward to your application.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Fishponds CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for successful applicants.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Men and colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our staff.