James Elliman Academy is a large, friendly and vibrant multi-cultural 3/4 form entry primary school (with over 700 children on roll) and part of The Park Federation Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic professional, who has high expectations of themselves and their pupils, and is committed to improving the lives of our children. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a primary school rated as GOOD by Ofsted (2018).
Our partnership with The Park Federation Academy Trust means there are a host of professional development opportunities that will further your own skills, knowledge and expertise.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher in Key Stage 2 who:
- has experience, genuine enthusiasm and commitment for working with children of all abilities to raise standards and challenge our pupils to be the best they can
- is a good/outstanding classroom teacher and highly proficient in all aspects of the professional standards
- has a thorough knowledge of the Key Stage 2
- is proactive, positive, calm and flexible.
- has high expectations of themselves and the children they work with
- has excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- is committed to working as part of a team
- is resilient and has a good sense of humour
For the right candidate, we offer:
- extensive support and CPD
- the opportunity to work with other professional colleagues across the Multi-Academy Trust
- a welcoming school, with friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- highly motivated leaders with a relentless focus to raise pupils’ achievement
- a dedicated Governing Body
- supportive parents/carers and children who are keen to learn
- a strong commitment to wellbeing including a free confidential counselling service
We warmly welcome candidates coming to visit the school prior to application; please contact the PA to the Principal to arrange a visit.
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 4th October 2021
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with the schools policies and procedures. All successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share its commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure including child barred list check, qualifications and reference checks.