Come and join The Langley Academy Primary family!
Required for September 2020
At The Langley Academy Primary we pride ourselves on our dynamic child-led curriculum, with genuine time to focus on the wider learning of each child.
“The school’s focus on museum learning gives pupils a rich range of experiences that bring the curriculum to life…. pupils regularly demonstrate real awe and wonder as they benefit from a wide range of exciting opportunities, including trips, special events, visits from museum experts and hands-on experiences.” Ofsted, July 2018
We have been featured in the TES and a case study in textbooks by Bill Lucas. Our purpose built £8 million school is specially dedicated to making a difference in our forward-thinking academy.
We are looking for:
- Inspirational teachers with high expectations of pupil attainment, behaviour and well-being.
- Highly motivated and hard-working people with the capacity to contribute to our growing school. (We are about to intake our first Year 5)
- Team players who can develop positive relationships with children, families and colleagues.
The successful candidate must:
- Have highly effective classroom practice that will inspire our children and ignite within them a passion for learning.
- Be both aspirational and nurturing to ensure every child achieves his/her full potential.
- Be able to provide creative input into our curriculum, demonstrating a deep understanding of how children learn.
- Be able to create an exciting and stimulating learning environment.
- Bring expertise and passion to lead projects, visits and experiences for our children.
Your skills will be used to help us to maintain and enhance a positive child-centred learning environment, thus providing an outstanding experience for our pupils. We will look to you to help create a love of learning in the children which ignites their: Curiosity, Exploration and Discovery and motivates them to do well and become the best they can be.
- A stimulating, supportive ethos.
- Opportunities for further training and professional development.
- Additional support and networking opportunities from staff across all Key Stages within our trust.
- Opportunities for leadership.
- An SLT who really do put children first.
- A Sponsor and Trustees who support museum learning and our educational vision.
- A generous CPD programme.
- Opportunities for a TLR in core subjects or phase leadership.
- Children who love learning, who ask questions about the world.
- Dedicated time for extended learning experiences.
- Shared planning to reduce workload.
We believe that joining our school and helping to shape its future makes working with us a very exciting opportunity.
We would love to receive applications from teachers at any stage of their career, including NQTs. We particularly welcome applications from experienced teachers. (We are able to arrange an earlier start date for NQTs.)
Please do not hesitate to contact us, we look forward to meeting you to show you around our school. Seeing is believing – come and see us for yourself!
Salary is on the Main Pay Scale (London Fringe) – TLRs are available for the right candidate.
Closing date: 5 March 2020 at 12:00 midday
Interviews: 10 March 2020
We reserve the right to interview promising candidates prior to this date if applications are received early.
The Langley Academy Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.