At the heart of this school is a strongly shared commitment to inclusion and equality of opportunity, underpinned by a vision of ‘Living together, learning together, laughing together’. Pupils are very polite, show respect for each other and for adults, and work extremely well together in activities. (Ofsted March 2017)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and forward thinking teacher with a desire to work within a dynamic and innovative setting. This would be an ideal opportunity for a teacher wishing to work in a school that has a proven track record of developing high quality teachers. You will be the kind of teacher who wants to make a difference both in the classroom and within the wider school.
This is a caring school where pupils are known as individuals and every aspect of pupils’ welfare is taken into account by staff. (Ofsted March 2017)
We are looking for somebody who:
• Who wishes to develop their teaching skills alongside a supportive team
• Has a proven track record or the potential to plan and deliver high quality lessons in Key stage 2
• Who can work as part of a team
• Who can maintain a healthy work-life balance
• Who has a sense of humour
• Is committed to both their personal and school development
In return we can offer you:
• Pupils who…. “achieve very well over time and the proportion of pupils who excel is significantly above that found nationally. For example, test scores for pupils in Year 6 in 2016 placed the school in the top 5% of schools for writing, the top 10% for mathematics and the top 25% for reading, compared to schools nationally.” (Ofsted March 2017).
• A fantastically resourced school
• Small group sizes for literacy and numeracy
• A wealth of CPD opportunities both in and out of school, including working with the school’s outstanding teaching and learning coach.
• An extremely supportive and friendly team
• Children who take great pride in their school
• A culture where free thinking is valued and encouraged
Initially a two-term fixed contract, with a view to possibly becoming permanent.
If you are interested in becoming a valued member of a team that enjoys working in a school based on its ethos of Living Together, Learning Together and most definitely Laughing Together, then please contact the school to arrange a visit or for further information.
Please contact the Headteacher Sharon Downes
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.