We require a Classroom Teacher to join Cedar Children’s Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
This is a fixed term position for one academic year, there is the possibility this could lead to a permanent position.
“Staff feel well supported by leaders. Teachers recognise that leaders have worked hard to make sure their workloads are managed fairly.”
“Staff value the training and support they receive. Leaders recognise talent in staff and deploy them across the school to coach and support colleagues.”
Ofsted Report May 2019
What Cedar Children's Academy will offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all NQTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other Medway Primary Schools within our trust
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Large outdoor spaces to support your teaching and the children’s learning.
• Free parking in our staff carpark
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified teacher
• Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in making adjustments to support pupils in their learning
• Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be committed to “Being your best self” and be keen to work collaboratively with colleagues across the school, hub and Trust.
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
• An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Be willing to engage with research informed practice
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our vibrant and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Cedar Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.