St Margaret Clitherow Primary and Nursery Catholic Voluntary Academy is a diverse and caring school that successfully brings together pupils from many different cultures into one happy inclusive community.
Here at St Margaret’s we all aspire to progress spiritually and academically so that every child and adult is enabled to achieve their full potential.
We live by our ‘Golden rule: “Love one another as I have loved you.”
We are looking for a teacher to join our school family; who is ambitious for themselves and the children in their care.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be a practising Catholic or someone willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school
• Possess qualified teacher status
• Be able to establish excellent relationships with children and parents, promoting aspirational achievement and progress for all groups of pupils
• Believe that all pupils regardless of their background are capable of reaching their full potential
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
• Be able to take a lead role in a curriculum area and have a positive influence.
We can offer:
• Well behaved, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
• A commitment to ongoing professional development
• A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support
• Opportunities for collaborative working across our MAT partnership of schools.
This post is suitable for both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school office.
The Trust and St Margaret Clitherow School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
St Margaret Clitherow Primary and Nursery Catholic Voluntary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.