Blessed Robert Widmerpool is an “outstanding” school, which is committed to creating a happy and secure learning environment where all children can reach their potential - spiritually, morally, culturally, physically and academically. We strive to deliver excellent outcomes for our children through an engaging and stimulating curriculum, challenging and varied learning opportunities as well as a caring, nurturing environment. We know that achieving excellent outcomes for our pupils means investing in quality staff and we place real emphasis on providing personalised professional development for our team.
Required from 31 August 2021, an enthusiastic, creative, inspirational and highly motivated classroom practitioner to work as a Foundation Stage 2 class teacher in the Early Years Foundation Stage Unit.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about education and can demonstrate a secure understanding of what good practice looks like in the early years. Most importantly, we are looking for teachers with high expectations and a positive and flexible approach who see and value the potential in every child.
The successful candidate will be:
- an exemplary Class Teacher with QTS
- inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- committed to and able to support the School ethos
- able promote high standards of attainment and behaviour
- able to work as part of a team and take individual lead as appropriate
- able to inspire and appreciate creativity
- able to plan and prepare the appropriate environment for high quality early learning for all individuals within the unit alongside the Foundation Leader
- able to set and assess work to achieve individual progression and whole school improvement
- experienced in promoting the wellbeing of pupils, providing guidance and support
- able to communicate and consult with parents, and prepare reports
We can offer:
- wonderful children who have a passion for learning and deserve the very best
- a team of talented and highly committed teachers
- a warm, welcoming and supportive working environment with excellent facilities
- a commitment to outstanding CPD opportunities for all staff
This post is suitable for both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
The Trust and Blessed Robert Widmerpool Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
If you had not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Blessed Robert Widmerpool Catholic Voluntary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.