Join us to discover why we are truly an Outstanding school
A career at Perseid School offers a rewarding future: working with inspiring pupils and young adults, in a close-knit team of talented and ambitious staff. If you believe you can add to our outstanding team – we want to hear from you.
Perseid is a vibrant, happy and nurturing school located in the London Borough of Merton. We offer young people aged 3-19, with severe and complex learning difficulties and learners with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical and sensory difficulties, an outstanding educational provision. Our mission is to inspire learning, through an enjoyable, interactive and creative curriculum and our staff are key in making this a reality.
Pupils flourish in our school and this enables us to trail-blaze holistic learning. We are seeking to recruit positive, enthusiastic and inspirational staff with a commitment to our pupils’ welfare and achievement. The right candidate needs to be passionate for achieving the best for all – if this sounds like you, we would love to invite you to meet our wonderful community of pupils and staff.
Investing in you:
- Endless opportunities for CPD, including accredited certificates, fully-funded Masters Degrees and National Leader Qualifications
- Prospects to enhance your personal development – guest speakers, external trips, conferences and a range of projects throughout the academic year
- Detailed induction programme including high-quality training
- Strong relationships with local schools
- A member of the Merton Special Teaching Alliance
Enrichment and personal benefits:
- An enviable location, in one of London’s greenest boroughs, well connected on transport routes and only 30 minutes from central London
- Wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities to benefit staff in their free time and provide exciting learning opportunities for pupils
- Supportive network of staff and positive working environment
- Empowering leadership that recognise potential and commitment of staff
We welcome equally applicants who are newly qualified or experienced, from mainstream or special school settings.
If you would like to discuss the position with the headteacher, please email the general office email or call the Upper School office between 9am - 3pm to arrange a telephone conversation.
Closing date: 10th June 2020 at 12 noon
Perseid School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.