Required for January 2020
Unique opportunity to teach in our Opportunity Base for children with ASD
Class Teacher for our ASD Base Class (Years 5/6)
Main Pay Scale including outer London Allowance plus SEN Point
At Foresters, as a good school striving to be outstanding, inclusive education is at the heart of all we do. Our commitment to our staff, children and parents is a focus on academic rigour whilst ensuring genuine inclusivity and creativity. A supportive leadership team encourage exciting innovative learning by providing resources, CPD opportunities and friendly professional and genuinely caring staff.
We live up to our motto ‘The small school with the big heart’
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a commitment and passion for teaching ASD children. Would you like to become part of our Key Stage Two team within our inclusive and successful primary which was judged as ‘good’ by OFSTED in December 2017?
• Passionate about teaching children creatively?
• Well organised, confident, with strong interpersonal skills.
• An excellent classroom practitioner, committed to raising standards, who has an interest in teaching children with ASD
• Able to lead a team of teaching assistants
• Able to work collaboratively with mainstream teachers to provide opportunities for inclusion.
• Have a good sense of fun!
Then Foresters is the school for you!
We can offer…
• Specific training to work with children with ASD.
• A supportive, caring team.
• Children who are fun, and exciting to teach.
• A unique opportunity to work within an opportunity base for children with ASD integrated within a mainstream school.
• Excellent development opportunities through our links with the Sutton Education Trust.
Foresters Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be made on the successful candidate’s credentials, including an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, sexual orientation, transgender, age, disability, or religion.
NQTs need not apply.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, please contact Karen Derrick to arrange a time to come and see us.
Foresters Primary School is a founding member of the Sutton Education Trust (a Co-operative Trust of 8 schools within the borough of Sutton)
Closing date: Friday 9th October
Interviews: Friday 16th October
Foresters are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a enhanced DBS check.