Hours: 17.5 hours per week | Term Time plus 3 weeks
Working 8am to 11.30am
Contract: 1 year Fixed Term
Start Date: 20 August 2021
Salary: Grade 1, Points 1-2 (actual salary £7853 - £7986)
We are looking to appoint a cleaner to join and support our dedicated Premises Team.
The purpose of this role is to:
• To ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the academy to ensure there is a clean and tidy environment for all students and staff.
• Carry out cleaning duties including, but not limited to; sweeping, dusting, wall washing, toilet cleaning, mopping and use of vacuum cleaner.
• To ensure any furniture, materials, equipment or structural defects are correctly reported.
• To ensure that Health & Safety requirements are adhered to and appropriate systems and procedures are followed.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative.
• Be willing and able to operate small hand tools, cleaning machinery, dishwashers etc.
• Ensure the correct equipment is used for each specific task.
• Willing to learn and put into practice COSHH (Care of Substances Harmful to Health) procedures.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance, wearing the appropriate clothing, footwear etc. for the tasks involved.
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the TMET Application Form in order for your application to be considered. Please submit your application via the eteach website.
Closing date: 28 June 2021, 9.00am
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.