Hawthorn Primary School
Hawthorn Road East
Ref : ED50274090
£17,842 Pro Rata
(£9.25 per hour plus living wage)
12.5 hours per week 3pm-5.30pm
The Headteacher and Governing Body are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-motivated individual as part of the schools cleaning team
We are looking for someone who:
1. To ensure that all cleaning undertaken is to the required standard.
2. to work at all times within the Health and Safety requirements and be aware of the necessary fire and evacuation procedures.
3. to work safely and responsibly when using chemicals and be aware of and follow COSHH Regulations.
4. to ensure that all cleaning equipment and materials are safely stored at the end of the cleaning shift.
5. to work in other areas of the school and/or perform additional/reduced cleaning tasks as directed by the Estates Manager
6. To undertake training as necessary.
7. To act in a courteous and professional manner to all those with whom you have contact.
8. To ensure that all problems or concerns are communicated through the Estates Manager
9. Full training would be given.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This salary is subject to the Living Wage supplement which brings pay rates up to £9.50 per hour (scp 1&2). This supplement will be reviewed in April 2022 and thereafter annually in April. Cardiff Council reserves the right to make any changes to, or removal of, the Living Wage supplement.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Applications should be returned to the school by the closing date of Friday 11th February, 12 noon.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.