Hours: 11 Hours 15 Minutes per week, term time only Plus 25 days (Monday to Friday 16:00pm – 18:15pm)
Salary: Hay 14 (£4,992 per annum)
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2020 subject to staffing review.
Under the day to day supervision of a Headteacher/Caretaker, you will be responsible for carrying out cleaning of the school premises, either individually or as part of a team, following prepared schedules and to agreed quality standards.
This role is available from Monday 24th February, subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a health check being completed.
The key duties include:
• Carrying out all cleaning using materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner
• The ability to move cleaning equipment and materials. This post will require you to bend, crouch, kneel, stretch and lift daily/regularly.
• To meet the cleaning specification to include; washing/ wiping of surfaces, cleaning toilets, vacuuming, mopping.
• To organise resources in an effective and efficient manner to fulfil day to day operational requirements.
To enable us to shortlist in a fair and unbiased way it is absolutely vital that you provide us with sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet or exceed the criteria outlined in the vacancy description. Please include this information in the knowledge, skills and experience section of the application form.
• To be able to carry out routine tasks to agreed standards
• To be able to follow processes on the condition and safe storage of cleaning chemicals, and dispense, dilute and use chemicals in the correct method
• Experience in using cleaning equipment and chemicals (training will be given)
• Able to carry out bending and lifting such as moving cleaning equipment, materials and furniture
• To be able to follow instructions and work unsupervised or as part of a team
• To communicate with all colleagues, children and other staff in a polite and friendly manner (both verbal and written)
• Cleaning experience is desirable but not essential
• To be aware of the environment in which you are working
• To have an organised methodical approach
• To be able to problem solve/ work using your own initiative
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 11th February at 9am.
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th February 2020.
St Paul's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.