Clerk to Academy Councils (Governing Bodies), Wiltshire
Salary: Grade D, £17,939 - £18,998 full time equivalent
Hours: Part-time (approximately 9 hours per week), to be worked flexibly around meetings
Start Date: As soon as possible for Sutton Benger and St Peter’s; by September for Vine Academy Council - to be discussed at interview
The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust is a dynamic and rapidly growing multi-academy trust, with 14 primary academies and 1 secondary academy. We wish to appoint a highly motivated Clerk to provide effective administrative support to three Academy Councils (governing boards) of several schools within the Trust:
- St. Peter’s Church of England Academy (Chippenham, SN14)
- Sutton Benger Church of England Academy (Wiltshire, SN15)
- Vine Schools: Christian Malford, Seagry and Somerfords’ Walter Powell Church of England Academies (Wiltshire, SN15)
The Clerk to the Academy Council is central to the smooth running of the Academy Council, preparing agendas, taking and distributing minutes, offering administrative support, keeping records and giving procedural and legislative advice to the Academy Council. Clerks must have excellent organisation, communication and IT skills, as well as an ability to take accurate minutes at meetings. To help the successful applicant fulfil their role we expect them to attend relevant training and work alongside the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust (DBAT) advisors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent organisation, communication and ICT skills
- Good time management skills
- An ability to take accurate minutes at meetings
- The ability to offer advice and guidance to the Academy Council
At DBAT, and through the schools, we can offer you:
- Friendly and vibrant school communities
- Supportive and welcoming staff, parents and Academy Council members
- A commitment to your professional development
- The opportunity to use your expertise to make positive change in our schools
- Flexible working environment working around the scheduled termly meetings, some of which will be held virtually
For more information about our schools, please visit our websites.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Suzanna Miles at DBAT.
This is a combined role across our hub of Wiltshire schools. By advertising together, we aim to make the post a more substantial role and there will also be efficiencies in professional development, training and execution of the role. However, there may also be an opportunity to work for fewer schools and this can be discussed at interview. If this is the case, please state your preferred school in your application.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Thursday 27th May 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 28th May 2021
Interviews: Friday 11th June 2021
We value diversity and welcome applications from all groups. Colleagues from minority ethnic groups are currently under-represented on our Academy Councils. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
St Peter's Church of England Primary School, Chippenham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.