Vaughan Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors to provide advice to the Governing Body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an excellent Clerk to work to support our Governing Body in the strategic management and development of our school.
The successful candidate will be responsible for
• Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork
• Accurate taking of and typing of minutes at the Full and Committee Governor meetings as well as any working parties
• Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership
• Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters
• Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work; we invite applications from recently retired school leaders.
Vaughan Primary is an inclusive multi-cultural school community with 3 forms of entry and our own onsite Nursery school. Our talented team of staff are committed to every child making accelerated progress in a happy and safe environment. Our children are extremely well behaved and enjoy coming to school as this is where children and staff feel valued.
Hours: approximately 30 - 35 hours per term (to prepare for, attend and minute 6 Governing Body meetings [4 committees and 2 full governing body] per academic term).
Salary: G4 Point 13 £21,762 (£2,176 Pro-Rata based upon 0.10 FTE)
Vaughan Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.