Clerk to the Governing Board
Hours : 10 hours per week, Term Time Only
You will attend and minute Committee and Full Governors’ meetings.
These are usually held at the following times:
Committee meetings 4.30 – 6pm (roughly every week during term time)
Governing Body meeting 5pm – 7pm (roughly 2 per term)
Grade : JM06 £4,911 per annum
We are seeking to appoint an experienced person to be responsible for advising the Governing Board of the School on constitutional matters, duties and powers within the broad current legislative framework.
The key skills and experience required are:
• Experience of providing advice on governance, constitutional, legal and procedural matters.
• Experience of clerking, ideally within an educational establishment
• Experience of working with confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Experience of effective communication to help resolve questions or concerns.
• Experience of data processing and record management
John Masefield was recognised by OFSTED in September 2017 as a good school with outstanding features. It is particularly noted for the quality of the curriculum, care, guidance and support, and leadership and management. We have excellent standards of pastoral care, and superb enrichment opportunities.
JMHS is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.