The appointment of Clerk to the Governing Body is subject to the statutory provisions of the Government of Maintained Schools (Wales) Regulations 2005.
The statutory duties of Clerk are:
• To convene meetings of the governing body
• To attend meetings of the governing body and ensure minutes of the proceedings are produced
• To maintain a register of members of the governing body and report any vacancies to the governing body;
To maintain a register of governors' attendance at meetings and report on non-attendance to the governing body;
To give and receive notices in accordance with the notification of vacancies and appointments; resignations; removal of governors; resignation of chair or vice chair; and convening meetings.
• To report to the governing body as required on the discharge of his or her functions;
• To perform such other functions as may be determined by the governing body from time to time.
The clerk to the governing body may provide the governing body with advice on its functions and procedures.
Allowance payable per meeting: eg £60 (as at September 2019)
(This allowance is based upon approx. 2 hours prep, 2 hour meeting and 2 hours for follow up actions) Payment by submission of claim form direct to Finance Section, County Hall, Mold. A full job description is attached. It is envisaged this post will involve 9 ordinary meetings.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children. In this light, we would like to draw the following matters to your attention:
1. All appointments are made subject to:
a. An enhanced CRB disclosure;
b. Checks of professional status (GTCW; QTS etc.);
c. Confirmation of professional qualifications;
d. Receipt of strong references (if not received by the time of interview); and
e. Medical clearance
2. We only accept applications completed on the Flintshire application form with a covering letter. Please do not send CVs or open testimonials. More detail about the content of applications is provided in the application pack.
3. Please ensure that application form is completed in full. In particular, you must ensure that a full work history is provided and that any gaps in your employment are fully explained.
4. The referees cited in your application form must include your employer from the last occasion in which you worked with children. If your last employment was in a school, we would expect a reference from the Headteacher and/or Deputy/Assistant Headteacher.
5. When seeking references, we will request information about your suitability to work with children.
6. If you are shortlisted, any anomalies in your application will be discussed with you at interview.
We encourage you to pay close attention to these matters so that your application is not excluded unnecessarily.