Clerk to the Governors
Grade 13 Point 6 - 11
Annual Salary £19,698 - £21,748 pro rata
Actual Salary £3,980 - £4,394
9 hours per week - Term Time only
(with some flexibility for additional hours if required)
Requirement to attend a total of 26 meetings per year
Meetings held from 6.00pm on Wednesdays
(Some hours can be worked remotely during the school day to conduct administration)
The Governing body at Frome College is seeking to appoint a part-time Clerk to work with the Chair of Governors, the Governing body and the College Principal to provide effective, professional administrative support to the Governors, working within the broad, current legislative framework.
Knowledge of the clerking process would be a distinct advantage, however, is not essential, as training can be provided. Some hours can be worked flexibly each week, as agreed with the Chair of Governors and the College, however, attendance at evening meetings is essential.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have good verbal and written communication skills, maintaining confidentiality at all times
• lCT proficiency with the ability to identify, implement and work with robust systems processes and procedures, to support the required legislative frameworks
• Have a passion for accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring that required minutes, records and associated administration is both compliant with relevant legislation and clearly accessible to key personnel (and for OFTSED inspection, where required)
• A desire and capability to often work independently, using excellent time management skills and associated ICT to promote efficient working practices
• The ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with a wide range of personnel, including the Chair and all members of the Governing body, the College Principal, parents/carers where necessary and Somerset County Council Governance Services department, as required
• The ability to confidently communicate key information in a timely manner, to a wide range of personnel and within required deadlines
Closing date: Friday 6th November (8am)
Frome Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.