Clerk to Local Governing Body and sub committees
Contract Term: Permanent contract
Salary: Pay Range JG5 (Scale Point 22 - 25) £20,456 - £22,434 per annum pro rata
Hours: 2 hours/week
Note: This position is also available for secondment by members of staff of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership.
The governors wish to appoint an excellent Clerk to the local Governing Body and its sub committees, who will be accountable to the local Governing Body, working effectively with the Chair of Governors, and with the Headteacher and other governors. The clerk will be responsible for advising the Governing Body on constitutional matters, duties, powers and procedural matters and will work within the broad current legislative framework and will provide effective administrative support. He/she will secure the continuity of local Governing Body business and observe confidentiality requirements.
The responsibilities of the Clerk to Local Governing Body and sub-committees will include among other tasks to:
- Maintain a database of names, addresses and category of Governing Body members, and their term of office;
- Initiate a welcome pack/letter being sent to newly appointed governors including details of terms of office;
- Liaise with Chair, Headteacher and other members of the governing body to agree a calendar of dates for all local governing body and its subcommittee meetings
- Produce a Governing Body Year Planner, which includes an annual calendar of meetings and the cycle of agenda items for meetings of the local Governing Body and its sub committees.
- Advise the governing body with guidance on governance legislation, procedural issues and the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Scheme of Delegation;
- Notify the governing body of changes to policy and procedure.
What Whitchurch can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with an exceptional staff team who are committed to providing the very best opportunities for our pupils and staff
- Exceptional CPD opportunities in all areas of the curriculum
- Additional time and remuneration for leadership may be available for the right candidate.
- Friendly, conﬁdent, and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning;
- Supportive and ambitious Governors who are committed to the school;
Our school was established in 1914 and we take great pride in educating children in a challenging, exciting and purposeful environment – achieving our best together.
As a friendly, happy and inclusive school that provides a caring, stimulating and supportive environment, we will work with determination to help all children develop their full potential. We are proud of their achievements and celebrate their success.
Through our school values of respect, friendship, courage, determination, excellence and awareness, we encourage positive social skills, self-respect and a caring attitude towards all others in the school and the wider community. The dedicated and committed staff team understand and relish the importance of every day in each child's life and we believe that all our children have the right to the best possible learning experiences during their time with us.
At Whitchurch Primary School our children feel safe, happy and challenged. We are proud of our high standards and recognise that our achievements are created and sustained through a strong partnership between home and school. Together we have founded a thriving school community, established on a shared commitment to ensuring outstanding provision for all.
We are looking for a Clerk who is:
- a person of integrity;
- able to maintain confidentiality;
- able to remain impartial;
- have a flexible approach to working hours;
- be sympathetic to the needs of others;
- have an openness to learning and change;
- have a positive attitude to personal development and training;
- have good interpersonal skills.
- be able to work at times convenient to the Governing Body, including evening meetings;
- be able to travel to meetings;
- be available to be contacted at mutually agreed times.
Whitchurch Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of DBS, two satisfactory references and qualifications check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone to arrange an appointment on 01275-833593.
Closing date: Sunday 08 November 2020 at 23:59 pm
Shortlisting: Monday 09 November 2020
The Lighthouse Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Whitchurch Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.