Co-ordinator of PE & Games.
Required for after February half term or Summer Term 2022
We are an Independent School set in 14 beautiful acres, operating across all four Key Stages. Our school is a happy and hard working community in which everyone is encouraged to play a full and important part. Our average class size is 14 and we have an overall teacher to pupil ratio of 1 to 12. Classes in the Infants and Juniors are limited to 16. Year groups in the Middles and Seniors may average 26 – 28. These are then taught in two ability groups thus maintaining our small class sizes. Bowbrook’s strength lies in its size.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and dynamic teacher who can inspire and enthuse pupils towards a love of participation in sport and physical exercise. The successful candidate would need to show enthusiasm, commitment and a sense of initiative to continue to develop the PE and Games programme within the school, as well as continuing to widen the extra curricular activities across all four key stages.
PE is taught across all four key stages, with two GCSE PE sets; one in Year 10 and one in Year 11, averaging 8-10 pupils. Their timetable allocation is three lessons a week (50 mins). Students are also offered the opportunity to take CNQ in Sports Studies at KS4.
Major sports are Rugby, Football, Cricket and Athletics, though we also compete in cross-country, tennis, basketball, equestrian and swimming. We alternate at Easter between Skiing and Activity trips to France, hold 'Activity Weekend' for middle school pupils during the summer term and have introduced Duke of Edinburgh.
Salary will be by negotiation with the Headmaster and will be in the region of £30K. For applicants with children of a school age a generous Bursary can be applied by way of ‘salary sacrifice’ to encourage the right applicant.
The role is to oversee and implement:
- Delivery of GCSE PE and monitoring of all KS4 accredited courses
- The PE/Games programme
- Co-ordinate and monitor sporting fixtures, extra-curricular clubs and outdoor/adventurous activities to ensure a breadth of opportunity for all in sport and physical activity
- Party leader for Bi-annual Ski Trip/Adventure Week
- Liaise with local clubs/societies for external letting of the facilities
- Co-ordinate the Summer Camp
- An active role in organising DofE visits.
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- a strong and passionate child centred practitioner.
- willing to teach PE and Games across a range of year groups.
- work well in a busy environment and as part of a team.
- committed to achieving the very highest of professional and academic standards.
- A specialism in rugby and athletics would be an advantage.
The post would be suitable for a well-qualified and experienced teacher looking to work in a smaller school where the challenges can be varied and stimulating.
Please see Job Description and Person Specification attached for further information.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click on the 'How to apply/Apply online' button now.
Closing date: Monday 3rd January.
Bowbrook House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service clearance at enhanced level.
Bowbrook House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.