Eteach are currently working with an outstanding Ofsted rated secondary school in the London Borough of Islington who are looking for an IT Computing teacher to join their fantastic team on a full-time permanent basis. This position will be suitable for both newly and qualified and a more experienced teacher with a possibility of becoming 2nd in charge of department.
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS (+ TLR2b of £4,783pa available for a 2ic responsibility within the department)
Main duties and responsibilities
• Plan, prepare and deliver outstanding lessons across KS3, KS4 and KS5 to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
• Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of ICT/Computing.
• Maintain effective behaviour management in classroom using positive behaviour strategies to ensure learner’s engagement in the lesson
• To provide high quality advice to students considering studying ICT/Computing at A level and at university.
• To lead a team of teachers within the department to deliver high standards of teaching within a relevant key stage to ensure that students get the best outcomes.
• To monitor the production of homework by the students and lead interventions to ensure all students produce homework.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
• Excellent teaching skills
• Knowledge of Python is required
• Ability to teach A level (desirable but not essential)
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of audiences.
• Inner London Weighting Allowance
• Opportunities of promotion, including an award of a TLR for taking on additional responsibilities within a department or across the school
• Coaching program to support professional development (replacing the three performance management lesson observations a year)
• Designated team to support new colleagues and NQTs
• Workload-friendly assessment policy
• Travel loans
• Cycle scheme
• Gym membership scheme
• Free gym facilities on site available before and after school
• Pension scheme
• On site carpark (limited spaces) and cycle storage
• Great location with Old Street (1 min away on foot), Liverpool Street (10 min) and Moorgate (10 min) stations nearby
If you are interested in this role then please email an updated CV to Cdamico@eteach.com or call 01276 674150 for further details.
To be eligible for any role with Eteach Agency you must:
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK.
- Possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online Update Service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide two professional child related references.
Eteach Agency is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Eteach is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of work.