The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Computer Science Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious and Outstanding Academy. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA is located in fully renovated period school buildings and a significant, state-of-the-art new building. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. At the beginning of our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10 ,11 and 12.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3 and 4
- Experience of teaching A level highly desirable
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective inter-personal skills
- We are willing to consider applications from newly qualified teachers
- Thos looking for a part-time position are also encouraged to apply.
What it means to work for TKA:
- As part of a growing school, you will have the opportunity for professional development.
- You will be working as part of an engaged and motivated team within the context of a highly successful school.
- The school has recently taken possession of state-of-the-art new facilities and is ideally located North Kingston.
- TKA is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school and is highly popular with the local community.
- Pay is competitive.
Whilst the school remains closed we will conduct remote interviews for this post.