The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Computer Science Teacher to join our fast growing, ambitious and STEM focused Academy. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5 ultimately
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Awareness of, and willingness to implement new digital approaches to teaching
- Clear understanding of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organisational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
We are inviting applications from NQTs for this role.
The assessment process will involve:
- teaching an observed lesson to a class of around 30 pupils
- an interview with the Head Teacher and Digital Literacy Curriculum Lead
- meeting with a panel of our pupils for an informal Q&A
Please click on the link to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application.
START DATE: ASAP