Bringing world-class British education to Nanning, the opening of the Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (Harrow ILA), is a significant milestone in the history of the Guangxi province.
Offering a full K-12 international school experience, Harrow ILA Nanning inherits 450 years of educational experience and excellence from Harrow School, London.
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the educational heritage of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
Harrow ILA Nanning opens in 2020 for Kindergarten students, with additional grades opening in 2021 and beyond. The school will have capacity for 1,518 students, including boarding available to 288 students from Grade 4 and above.
We are seeking a high performing COMPUTER SCIENCE teacher commencing in August 2021. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum two years’ teaching experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
Educational Excellence for Life and Leadership