We require for September 2021 a teacher of Computing and E-Safety to join our popular, welcoming and supportive Academy.
This role would suit an NQT, a teacher with SEN experience or a mainstream teacher looking to make a change. Foxwood Academy is a friendly special Academy in Nottinghamshire, we were graded good by Ofsted in October 2017 and are looking to build a strong and effective team to take us into 2022 and beyond.
Our student’s needs are varied but in general we cater for children and young people with moderate and severe learning difficulties. Many of our children and young people have a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Conditions and a proportion have additional speech and language needs. Many of our children have spent time in mainstream settings but move to Foxwood for a more specialised environment and curriculum.
Progression for students through the Academy is via different pathways to meet the diverse needs of the children. The Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) framework is being used to reform our curriculum and includes outstanding provision in preparing young people for employment and their futures. We offer accreditation to our 14-19 year old young people up to GCSE level.
The Academy has established a broad and balanced curriculum built on values and principles that ensure that all students are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Work with small groups of KS3 / KS4&5 children and young people with additional needs and provide education and opportunities to give them the best start in life
- Be an excellent and reflective practitioner with high expectations of all children and young people
- Be the Academy E-Safety Co-ordinator, leading and managing our approach to E-Safety
- Lead, plan and develop a creative, stimulating and appropriate learning activities
- Be able to track student progress, attainment, attendance and analyse data effectively
- Be able to use assessment data to put into place a range of intervention strategies to ensure that all pupils make good progress and achieve high standards
- Be able to engage and support parents and students in the Academy
- Be able to work in collaboration with support staff, phase leaders and external agencies to ensure all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- Have the ability to motivate, enthuse, engage and inspire our children and young people
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility, good teamwork and a commitment to the Academy's values
- Work in collaboration with support staff, phase leaders and external agencies to ensure all students achieve the best possible outcomes
- Demonstrate flexibility, good teamwork and a commitment to the Academy's values
We will offer you:
- Training and CPD to suit your individual training requirements
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the headteacher, senior leadership team and governing body
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities
- Opportunities and potential for future leadership roles
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed and recommended. Virtual and physical visits held weekly can be arranged by contacting the Academy office.
Further information and application forms are available from the E Teach and Foxwood Academy website.
Deadline for final applications: 19th May 2021
Candidates will be shortlisted and invited to a virtual meeting with a small group of the Academy leadership team. Formal interviews will then follow.
Interviews: Expected 27th May 2021
The post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level.
The Governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and medical form completion.
Foxwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.