We are really proud to be advertising a brand new and exciting role across our Trust of 4 primary schools for September 2020. This is a brand new role to the Trust and is a fixed term role until 31st August 2021.
The role will be for a computing teacher, to work across all of our schools to deliver their specialism and passion for computing for the benefit of all of our pupils and staff.
The computer teacher will be responsible for:
• To lead computing across the Trust
• To deliver units of work to specified year groups
• To lead computing CPD and training for all staff across the Trust
• To support in planning and delivery in specified year groups
• To support the management of the computing curriculum
• To team teach, observe and support practice
This is an ideal opportunity for a current primary teacher with a passion and knowledge of computing or a computing lead who is looking for a new experience in delievering their passion across more than one schools and helping support computing leadership across a Trust. It could also be an ideal opportunity for a current secondary computer science teacher who is looking to move into a primary setting.
What you will need to succeed:
• QTS or relevant teaching qualification such as QTLS and excellent knowledge and experience of teaching
• Passion and dedication to the profession
• Ability to plan and deliver engaging CPD for adults
• Experience in teaching computing and an understanding of the requirements of delivering computing as part of a primary curriculum
• An eagerness to try new and innovative ideas
• Understanding of child development and be able to build that into the computing curriculum
What you will get in return:
• The opportunity to join our network of professionals (and well being dogs)
• The opportunity make a real difference to lives of our children and their families
• The platform and safe space to be who you are and experiment, trial and embrace new opportunities
• Amazing, enthusiastic children
• Support from a network of colleagues and senior leaders
• Cross-Trust learning, development, moderation and support
• Cross-Trust celebration and events
• Excellent CPD opportunities delivered in house and from our external partners
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Generous preparation, planning and assessment time allocation
If you are interested joining us, apply today and we will do the rest.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to attend all schools across the Trust, based in Bexley and Greenhithe, Kent.
Due to the high level of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.