Are you an exceptional Computing Teacher looking for an opportunity to help children develop their full potential?
Hammond Junior School are looking to recruit an exceptional Teacher of Computing to work afternoons in our well equipped Computing suite. You will be working with children to help them reach their full potential in Computing and make the most of our great facilities, including our recent addition of a purpose-built podcasting room. You will plan and deliver Computing lessons matched to National Curriculum requirements across all KS2 year groups during afternoon lesson periods. The role will include running Computing and podcasting clubs during lunchtimes.
About Hammond Junior School
Hammond Junior School is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond School is also a part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools being partnered with the adjacent infant school and is an academy within the GLF Academy Trust. Through GLF we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice with a number of other schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of and passion for teaching within a primary school setting
- Is skilled in Computing
- Is passionate about childrens’ learning and understands how children learn best
- Is able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Is enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Is a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Is a great team player with a positive outlook
Why work at Hammond School?
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
Salary: Main Scale/Unqualified Teacher Scale
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday afternoons.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 19th March at 12pm
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 22nd March
Contact: While we usually welcome visitors to Hammond School we are currently unable to facilitate visits due to the Covid-19 restrictions. We encourage visits to our website for an overview of the school. Please email our reception with any enquiries.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.