Role commencement: August 2022
Enstruct Training are looking to recruit an experienced vocational construction instructor who can deliver across a range of trades including but not exclusively, Bricklaying, Tiling, Carpentry and Joinery, Plastering, Plumbing and Painting and Decorating.
The successful candidate will be expected to facilitate efficient learning of BTEC Level 1 and or 2 construction courses to learners at Key Stage 4. They should have extensive knowledge of the construction industry and vocational education practices and be mindful of the challenges faced and occasional challenging behaviours presented by the young people who are supported by Enstruct.
Delivery will be to different groups of up to 8 learners each day who access our alternative provision programmes one day per week for the entire academic year.
As a minimum – the successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for and dedication towards working with hard-to-reach learners with varying SEMH and SEND. The role is as much around behaviour and group management as delivery of construction training.
- Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum, pro rata.
- Full time (part time would be considered)
- Employment will be subject to a 3-month probationary period, based on satisfactory performance.
- The post is offered initially as a full-time temporary position until the end of the academic year 2022/2023, with the likelihood of extending to a permanent position.
- The post requires attendance and commitment throughout the Leicestershire County Council Academic year and an additional 15 days’ service for training and development processes.
Closing date for applications: 22nd July 2022
Enstruct Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.