Primary Location: Central Trust Offices, New Horizons Children’s Academy, Chatham
Contract: Permanent, full time 37 hours a week
Salary: TSAT Grade F £33,820 - £38,065 per annum
Closing date: 31/10/21
We are recruiting for a Contracts Manager who will be responsible for renegotiate existing contracts and securing new contracts for services managed by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, Technology and Facilities Departments.
You will deliver value for money using compliant procurement processes and utilising framework where possible to identify opportunities to secure discounts. You will also lead on monitoring the value and impact of large value contracts.
You will be responsible for:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Ensuring records of contracts and service agreements are accurate and kept up to date, and to procure contracts and service agreements in a timely manner to prevent delays and disruption to schools or other central services.
- Support all high impact and large value procurement processes within the Operations Directorate, with a particular focus on the management of third-party contracts and external relationships.
- Develop procurement frameworks that enable the Trust to raise orders for goods and services that deliver value for money without the need to run lengthy tendering exercises.
- Monitor the implementation and performance of agreed contracts and service agreements and holding third parties to account through ensuring that agreed deliverables are met and that the agreed services still represent value for money.
- Support the Operations Directorate Service Managers to deliver cost effective services to schools, through reviewing existing contracts and support agreements to identify opportunities to consolidate services to reduce costs.
- Evidence value for money and combined savings to provide assurances to senior leaders and other stakeholders that services provided by the Operations Directorate are cost effective and are delivered at a lower cost
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a large organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and pro rata annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our friendly Trust at the start of a new and exciting time, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact Simon Arnold
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.