- Type of Contract: Permanent
- Salary: NJC 11 £10.14 per hour / £13,519 per annum (FTE £19,554)
- Hours: 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday), term time plus one week
- Closing date: 06 March 2020
- Start date: ASAP
We are looking to appoint a Cook to to join the Catering department at Gladstone Primary School as we embark on the next chapter to success. The role will proactively manage the catering operation at the Gladstone Street site to ensure that the food is fresh, interesting and seasonal in its content and will provide a nutritious healthy balanced diet suitable for the age range being served.
In addition to relevant food production and food safety qualifications to at least Level 2, candidates should have good culinary and team-working skills gained through proven experience in the catering industry as a Cook/Chef, and have demonstrable experience in helping to create imaginative and healthy eating menus that cater for all dietary requirements. Experience of high-volume catering would also be desirable.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. We strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
Our moral purpose is defined through our commitment to see every member of the learning community achieve their full potential. As a Trust, however, we recognise the importance and individuality of the local context of each of our schools and encourage diversity of practice whilst retaining a collective sense of unity in our purpose.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
The Trust offers:
- excellent salary package.
- fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Local Government pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Gladstone Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.