Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2021 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ an inspirational Counselling Lecturer, the ideal candidate will be responsible to deliver a range of accredited and non-accredited Counselling courses to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures, and to prepare and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements. They will also need to develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials, develop and carry out appropriate assessments of students’ work, to promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision, to keep abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches, to be responsible for updating the subject specialism and to be responsible for marking and monitoring students’ progress.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Psychology or Therapeutic Counselling.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- Currently working towards or have BACP accreditation, or equivalent from a recognised professional body.
- Ability to teach on Counselling Skills and Therapeutic Counselling Training Courses from Level 2 to Level 4 or above.
- Currently working as a counsellor/psychotherapist as vocational experience is essential
- Person centred or relational therapy core approach
- Teaching/training qualifications or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Math’s and English;
- An excellent current working knowledge of the subject area;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development;
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Closing date Sunday 05 December 2021
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.