Do you have excellent administration skills?
Are you confident and outgoing?
Would you like to work as part of a team in a role where you can make a difference to the lives of children and young people?
An Exciting Opportunity
to join Nova Hreod Academy; the most improved school in Swindon
Role: Cover Coordinator and Supervisor
Salary: £22,000-£25,000 per annum
Term time plus 1 week per annum in the holiday periods.
Hours: 40 hours per week over 5 days including early on call agency coordination
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th April 2021
Nova Hreod Academy is looking to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Cover Coordinator and Supervisor who will be responsible for coordinating and providing cover for staff absence ensuring that students have the best possible learning experience during cover lessons.
In this role you will:
arrange and co-ordinate cover for staff absence using cover supervisors, self and supply staff from agencies and the cover centre,
- input absence into the Management Information System and the absence management systems,
- compile and circulate daily cover sheets,
- teach cover lessons across Nova ensuring appropriate delivery so that scholars are fully able to embark on learning activities in the cover lessons.
- supervise work that has been set,
- assist in preparing the learning environment and the materials used therein,
- record and report attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy,
- collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher,
- deal with any immediate problems or emergencies,
- co-ordinate other Cover Supervisors.
The ideal candidate will:
Be educated to A Level or Degree Level,
- Have administrative experience,
- Have experience working in schools or with young people,
- Have experience of using data/information systems, spreadsheets and word processing,
- Have the ability to understand, interpret and follow systems, policies and procedures,
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills,
- Be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, their families, colleagues and other professionals,
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity where appropriate.
We can offer you a school where:
you will receive excellent CPD to further develop your skills
- you will work in fast-paced but supportive team
- a highly supportive and hands-on SLT take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos
- a team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support our pupils
- we are proud to provide disruption-free learning for our pupils
- there is a fantastic extra-curricular programme.
Why choose us
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum and you will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support pupils and this enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have an amazing varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
Nova Hreod Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Nova Hreod is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.