TSAT Grade D - £20,045- £22,561 FTE
30 Hours Per Week Term Time Only
Closing Date Friday 21st June 2019
Interview Date Week Commencing 24th June 2019
Start Date September 2019
We are a successful and growing school which is looking to expand our team.
It is an exciting time to join The Portsmouth Academy, with work having just begun on our £5.3 million new build.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress and was Runner up in the TES ‘ Employer of the Year 2018 Awards'
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic cover supervisor to supervise groups of students in a range of subject areas, covering teacher absence. The post holder will be required to ensure good classroom management, follow set lesson plans and support students to ensure that the learning objectives set by the teacher are achieved.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
- Additional language skills would be beneficial to support our diverse student population.
- Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth,The Portsmouth Education Partnershipand Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged. To arrange a visit to the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.