Hours: 32.5 per week, term time only (to incl. all INSET days)
Salary: Grade 8, £25,295 - £27,905 FTE (Actual Salary: £18,525.11 per annum, rising to £20,554.40 per annum through annual increments)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Cover Supervisor to join our committed, hardworking and friendly cover team at Winterbourne Academy. This role would be ideal for a highly organised, flexible and resilient person who can adapt quickly and challenge and support learners of all ages and abilities.
• covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
• supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
• liaising with the Cover Co-ordinator over details of lessons and resources needed to cover for absent teaching staff
• liaising with teaching staff over resources and plans for lessons to be taught in their absence
• ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
• managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
• supporting and supervising students with their learning, as directed, within curriculum time when not covering for absent teacher staff
• collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
• Providing support in the absence of the Cover Co-ordinator where required
• supporting Student Reception and the Data, Exams and the Attendance Team where required
We are looking to recruit a candidate who can provide a strong and positive role model for students and someone who is keen to contribute to the academies visions and values.
The successful candidate must have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before submitting an application.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavours to work smarter
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts, staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website, along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC