WSCC NJC Grade 4
(£18,795 - £19,171 pro-rata for term time only)
Actual annual salary is £12,660 - £12,914
Fixed Term Contract to start ASAP until July 2021
30 hours per week 8.40 am – 3.20 pm (including 35 minute unpaid lunch break). Term time only
We have entered the next exciting new phase in the story of St Andrew’s High School with a strong leadership team in place. We are delighted to inform you that we will become a co – educational school in September 2021 and we would love you to be a part of our journey.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join and contribute to our committed staff support team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about supporting young people learn and enjoy engaging with our students in a classroom-based role. As a Cover Supervisor, you will supervise students when a teacher is absent. You will be able to quickly ascertain a positive rapport with students, in order to establish good learning atmospheres while assisting and supporting students when necessary. You will be part of a supportive team and duties may include being a form tutor and various administrative tasks supporting curriculum departments. You will be confident using IT, be familiar with MS Office applications and have good literacy and numeracy skills. A full induction programme will be provided to the successful candidate.
Why work for St Andrew’s High School for boys?
• We are a Christian school with a strong vision, values and leadership which is staff and student centred.
• We prioritise staff development with a variety of opportunities to cultivate teaching practice where sharing good practice is the driver of the school.
• There is a unity across the school where, regardless of your position, you are part of a valued collegiate team where your efforts are acknowledged across our school community.
• We are a PiXL school which is shaping teaching and learning at St Andrew’s with cutting edge practice.
• St Andrew’s is an active member of our local teaching hub and has very strong links with The University of Brighton.
• We have ample on-site staff parking, two excellent canteens, and there are designated staff
work rooms & offices.
You will need to complete an Application Form – Non Teaching Staff to be considered for this vacancy. This form should be submitted electronically and all received applications will be acknowledged. In compliance with Safer Recruitment guidelines, CVs cannot be accepted.
We welcome visits to our school so that you can meet the students and staff. If you would like to arrange a visit, then please contact Mrs Brigham-Wilmot at the school.
St Andrew’s CE High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and DBS check. Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the school.