We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, tenacious cover supervisor to join our highly successful team of mutually supportive colleagues whose shared purpose is to inspire and challenge all pupils at Caerleon Comprehensive School. This role would be ideal for a highly organised, flexible and resilient person who ensures that learners of all abilities make progress in all lessons, enjoy their learning and reach the high expectations of our school.
WHY CHOOSE US
Caerleon is a truly comprehensive school based on the outskirts of Newport, ten minutes from the M4 corridor. We offer a strong community ethos in which all staff and pupils are supported and challenged to fulfill their potential .
WHAT WE OFFER
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent professional learning opportunities alongside teaching and classroom support staff.
- Onsite parking.
- covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Caerleon Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.