We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, tenacious cover supervisor to join our highly successful team of mutually supportive colleagues whose shared purpose is to inspire and challenge all pupils at Lawn Manor Academy. This role would be ideal for a highly organized, flexible and resilient person who can adapt quickly/ challenge and support learners of all ages in a range of skills.
WHY CHOOSE US
Lawn Manor Academy is part of The Royal Wootton Basset Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our school is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods, in Old Town, Swindon.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within the Trust.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL BE:
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised and at times, diplomatic
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more download our Application Pack
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process.
If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment
Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.