Hours: 12 Hours per week, term time only (4 Afternoons per week Monday to Thursday 12.30pm – 3.30pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£6,410 - £7,077 per annum)
This is a temporary post to cover adoption leave until 31st August 2022 or the post holders return if earlier.
Marshfield Primary School is a wonderful school to work in. Our children love to learn, are enthusiastic and very well behaved. We are a highly successful primary school that pride ourselves on providing the highest quality education for all pupils. The modern school building is set in the picturesque village of Marshfield (just off of the A420) a short commute from South Gloucestershire, Bath and Wiltshire.
We are seeking to recruit a highly skilled cover supervisor to join our friendly team and work across the school covering PPA and leadership time.
The successful candidate will have a passion for learning, be friendly, supportive and self-motivated.
As a school we are looking for a calm, caring and enthusiastic person who has:
• Experience in engaging pupils with their learning
• The ability to use teachers plans to adapt and resource or plan themselves
• The ability to be flexible and adapt with change
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a highly successful team
• Excellent organisational skills
• High expectations of every pupil and them self, both academically and in their behaviour
• Uses positive praise, commentary and assistance to encourage pupils
• Is a calm and consistent role model
• Liaises with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals
• Supports pupils in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
• Consistently and effectively implements agreed behaviour management strategies
As a school we offer:
• Wonderful pupils, who are confident and enthusiastic learners
• Supportive families, keen to work in partnership to ensure children achieve the best possible outcomes
• A highly skilled, committed and supportive team who work exceptionally hard and exude positivity
• A highly successful school (read our SIAMs and OFSTED reports)
• Up to date and research based training and support to allow you to thrive and become your best
• Collegiate working through South Gloucestershire Alliance: Ignite hub (a collaborative network of 6 primary schools)
Visits are encouraged (please contact the school office)
Closing date: Midday 7th July
Interview: WB 12th July
Candidates will need to detail their experience, interests and reasons for apply to join our team within a professional letter of application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.
Marshfield Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.