Parkland Primary School
32.5 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
Grade 7 (£20,496 - £21,750)
- PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
Parkland Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and driven Cover Supervisor to provide cover across and contribute to high quality teaching and learning in order to help pupils achieve their full potential.
You will be involved in:
- Covering classes across KS1 depending on experience (and other year groups when required) and teaching identified groups as directed by phase leader/ class teacher.
- To support students to engage with the work provided, including providing support where necessary with literacy, numeracy and organisational skills.
- Providing intervention sessions as directed.
We are looking for someone who has:
- NVQ3 or equivalent, or equivalent level of experience.
- Previous experience working in a school setting.
- Knowledge of child protection, safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
- Confidence in teaching and managing a class in the absence of the class teacher.
- Patience and resilience with the ability to maintain a positive outlook to overcome barriers.
For further details and requirements please review the Advert and Job Description attached
Why Choose Us:
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
- Access to employee assistance programme.
Closing Date for Applications: 9am Friday 25th June 2021
Interview Date: Friday 2nd July 2021
Start Date: 23 August 2021
Parkland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure form the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service).