Job Title: Cover Supervisor
Location: Nova Hreod Academy, Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £21,000 per annum.
In this role you will:
- arrange and co-ordinate cover for staff absence using cover supervisors, self and supply staff from agencies and the cover centre,
- input absence into the Management Information System and the absence management systems,
- compile and circulate daily cover sheets,
- teach cover lessons across Nova ensuring appropriate delivery so that scholars are fully able to embark on learning activities in the cover lessons.
- supervise work that has been set,
- assist in preparing the learning environment and the materials used therein,
- record and report attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy,
- collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher,
- deal with any immediate problems or emergencies,
- co-ordinate other Cover Supervisors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to A Level or Degree Level,
- Have administrative experience,
- Have experience working in schools and/or with young people,
- Have experience of using data/information systems, spreadsheets and word processing,
- Have the ability to understand, interpret and follow systems, policies and procedures,
- Have excellent organisation and time management skills,
- Be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, their families, colleagues and other professionals
- Demonstrate tact and sensitivity where appropriate
Why choose us
At Nova Hreod Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
We have made significant, sustained progress at GCSE and are proud to have been the most improved school in Swindon.
Nova Hreod Academy has approximately 900 pupils in Years 7-11. The school is situated in purpose-built £25 million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within the beautiful county of Wiltshire, within commuting distance for Bristol, Bath and Oxford.
After a visit from Ofsted in February 2017, the academy received a ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework
Nova Hreod Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Nova Hreod is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all positions in the school will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.