Fixed Term Contract until 1 April 2022 (two terms)
32.5 hours per week, 38.4 weeks per year
Actual Salary: £19,048 per annum, NJC4 point 11 (full time salary £25,061 per annum)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a dedicated, flexible, organised and calm individual who has the ability to work effectively in a classroom with our students to provide non-teaching cover for absent teachers. This position would suit a person who is interested in working and supporting our students in the classroom, or alternatively someone who is considering entering the teaching profession and would like to gain some classroom experience beforehand.
- is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
- believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
- values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
- has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
- is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
- a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
- a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
- a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
- on-site parking;
- close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
- after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, which may be corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.
The Waldegrave Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. We expect all staff to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be sought.