Job Ref: R00777 (Please quote on all correspondence)
Salary: Grade 5 (Scp 11 to Scp 15)
(£21,748 to £23,541 ) FTE (£18,602 to £20,136 actual pro rata salary)
Contract: 37 hours per week, over 5 days
Term: Permanent, Term Time Only plus all inset days
Do you want to teach in a school with
- A whole school behaviour policy that has stopped almost all low level disruption?
- An innovative, effective and time efficient approach to marking and feedback?
- A dedication to improving teaching through a huge amount of optional and tailored CPD?
- A renewed focus on the wellbeing of staff and students?
Bedminster Down School is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and flexible person to join our team. As a Cover Supervisor you will work across the school, covering the lessons of teachers when they are absent. The expectations for cover work across the school are both high and consistent, ensuring that you will always have the support from teaching staff to do the very best job you can. You will have the opportunity to take part in school trips, attend whole school, house and departmental training and feel every bit a member of the Bedminster Down School community.
We operate a ‘Ready to Learn’ behaviour system in the school and classroom behaviour is exceptional – allowing teachers and cover staff to focus on providing high quality learning opportunities. The pastoral and senior teams ensure that any low level disruption is dealt with rapidly and effectively, giving teachers and cover staff the chance to spend their work time on delivering lessons which will maximise progress.
The school has been rated as good by Ofsted for the last six years and has a strong reputation in the local area; demonstrated by the fact that the school has more than double the number of applications than there are places in Year 7. We welcome applicants who are excited by challenge including both teaching and support staff. Applications from those able to teach practical PE will be looked on favourably.
We are keen to ensure that you have as much information to proceed with your application as possible, so if you would like a conversation about either the academy or the position please contact Matt Eagon (Vice Principal) on 07809-762145 or by E-Mail. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
The working hours are from 08:00-16:00 on Monday to Thursday and from 08:00-15:30 on Friday. This is inclusive of a 30 minute lunch break each day.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- An opportunity to work in a supportive team from whom you can learn, develop and grow
- Wider opportunities to be involved across the Futura Learning Partnership
- An energised and professional working environment
- Benefits include; pension scheme, discounted sports centre/gym membership, free wellbeing support & medical cover, free on-site parking and cycle to work scheme.
Futura Learning Partnership is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care and be a truly inclusive provider of 4-19 education in the area.
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 on Thursday 30th September
Interviews are likely to be held soon thereafter
No CVs or agencies please
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification and Application Form
- Download the Trust Recruitment Pack
- Click on the ‘apply’ button to be redirected and apply online via the Futura Learning Jobsite
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Bedminster Down School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Futura Learning Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Futura Learning Partnership will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
Bedminster Down School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for all staff within the school.